INFO & CRITERIA FOR APPLICANTS
The mission of Start Up Woodstock is to attract new business to our town. This is an open competition. We will award a grant of up to $30,000 to the successful applicant(s) to assist in the establishment of a new innovative business. This grant has been funded by way of $20,000 in generous private donations, and $10,000 from the Woodstock Economic Development
While the competition is open to anyone, the business must be based in Woodstock, and the judges will be favoring applications that include, among other criteria, at least some of the following attributes:
1. The proposal includes a comprehensive business plan that demonstrates the viability of the business.
2. The proposal demonstrates that the grant will be a meaningful catalyst to the establishment of the business.
3. The applicant(s) provide proof of having additional capital available.
4. The proposal provides a needed product or service that fills a gap in the current market or satisfies unmet demand.
5. The proposal will provide well-paying quality jobs or will create a financially viable owner operated business.
There will be an initial and final round of presentations all of which will be public. The individuals who have agreed to act as judges are all local residents who have substantial relevant business and community experience.
Update: Initial applications deadline has been extended to January 8, 2023. The judges will select a few finalists by January 15, 2023 who will then be asked to present at a public meeting on or about February 15, 2023. A final grant decision will be made public shortly thereafter.
Contact Cliff Johnson with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org - thank you for your interest and support!
Countdown to Inaugural Startup Woodstock Event on February 15, 2023!